[yocto] Yocto - eclipse ADT plugin , missing autotools dependency

Adrian Dudau Adrian.Dudau at enea.com
Fri Jun 14 07:30:42 PDT 2013

Hi Thanassis,

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 14:16 +0000, Thanassis Silis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am using ubuntu 12.04, eclipse indigo, and have bitbaked rootfs &
> toolchain from yocto meta-freescale 'dylan (v1.4.1)'.
> I then went on to setup eclipse for yocto devel & debug. followed the
> procedures from : Yocto Project Development Manual  (section
> 4.2.2.1.3.)
>

> When I try to install the yocto ADT plugin it whines saying that:
>

>         Cannot complete the install because one or more required items
>         could not be found.
>           Software being installed: Yocto Project ADT Plug-in
>         1.4.0.201304182148 (org.yocto.sdk.feature.group
>         1.4.0.201304182148)
>           Missing requirement: Yocto Project ADT Plug-in
>         1.4.0.201304182148 (org.yocto.sdk.feature.group
>         1.4.0.201304182148) requires 'org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core
>         1.1.0' but it could not be found

It is obvious that the ADT plugin requires a newer version of the
autotools package.

> well the Autotools are definitely installed already, but the version
> that is stated next to the installed version is "Autotools support for
> CDT (Incubation)    3.0.1.201202152032"
> I also built the yocto-eclipse plugin from source and tried installing
> that too. Same thing happens.

How did you build the plugins? Against what version of Eclipse? What
version of CDT?

> How can I go about it?

I'm not sure what is the latest version of CDT for Indigo, but you could
try updating CDT first and see if that bumps it enough. Alternately, in
case you didn't do this already, you could try building yocto-plugins
against your very distribution of Eclipse.

As a last resort, in case you're not confined to using Indigo, you could
try downloading Juno and build/install the plugins on that.

> thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
--Adrian