[yocto] No crosscompiler in Toolchain

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 05:43:39 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop
<satyaswaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I solved the issue, but I don't know if its right or wrong but for the
> moment I am happy... The following didnot work for me
>
> bitbake core-image-skidata -c populate_sdk
>               nor
> bitbake meta-toolchain
>
> but bitbake meta-toolchain-sdk  worked for me and created a toolchain with
> the crosscompiler... I have no idea why the others didnot create a toolchain
> with cross compiler for me. I think this has to be discussed in more
> detail..
>
> For now have a wonderful weekend
>
> Warm regards from Austria,
> Satya

But, by doing bitbake meta-toolchain-sdk, do you really get a
toolchain based on the exact same image as you are building with
bitbake core-image-skidata? I though the whole idea of populate_sdk is
that the toolchain is based on the target image to guarantee that it
is 100% binary compatible?

Hans