[yocto] Compliance program questions

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Fri Jun 14 01:58:45 PDT 2013

Hi there,

> Jeff,
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro at jefro.net> wrote:
> > Hi Nicolas, thanks for asking these questions. We are in the process
> > of revising the documentation and application forms for that program,
> > so your questions come at a very good time.
>
> thanks a lot for your quick answer, and I am glad that it's right on time!

trying to revive this thread, and check if there is any update on the
revised documentation/forms.

Also, i have an additional question. It is not clear from the 'registration
form' whether or not a commercial project can be (or not) registered as
Yocto Project Compatible. I am talking here about a commercial project that
includes non-free s/w (isolated in proper layers) allthough:
 - all changes to oe-core, bitbake, meta-oe, ... are contributed back
 - all processes/recommendations are followed properly (distro policies
isolated, README, ...)

Can such a project be 'branded' as Yocto?

I was initially under the impression that non free (and commercial) s/w was
prohibited, but then I noticed Enea Linux which does seem to be commercial
(i don't know if it included non free, though).

Looking at the registration form again, it seems that "all" it might take
is to be a Yocto Project member.

is that correct?