[yocto] Application Development

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 06:10:49 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop
<swaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
> SHould we install development and debigging pacakages in the images when we
> want to build a toolchain.. I mean this
>
>  "dbg-pkgs"       - add -dbg packages for all installed packages
> #                     (adds symbol information for debugging/profiling)
> #  "dev-pkgs"       - add -dev packages for all installed packages
> #                     (useful if you want to develop against libs in the
> image)
>

> Greets,
> Satya

I actually tried the 'bitbake <image> -c populate-sdk but it fails :(
Any clues to what make things go wrong this time? Nothing provides
meta-environment-arm??

Hans

| Saving cache...
|
| Note: adding Smart RPM DB channel
|
| Note: to be installed:  nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host at all
packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm at all

| Computing transaction...error: Can't install
packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm-1.0-r0 at all: no package provides
meta-environment-arm