[yocto] Building own cmake based package using Yocto

Arpit Jain jain.arpit6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 05:49:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to build a CMake based package using Yocto on Linux (SUSE Linux
Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64)). I am trying to build (cross compile) for
PowerPC.
I have specified MACHINE as "qemuppc" in local.conf file before command
"bitbake -k core-image-minimal".

I have written a very simple recipe file to build my own package using
cmake.

The file is as simple as do configure()
{
   cmake ..
}

When I run bitbake -b <recipe file>, the build configuration kicks off
and the package gets extracted.

To cross compile my package, it is picking the following
compiler "/home/arpit/yocto/poky-dylan-9.0.0/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/ppc603e-poky-linux/powerpc-poky-linux-gcc",
which I suppose is correct.

However, following doubt I have:
1. The dependant libraries for package that it is picking has to be
for PowerPC, but is picking x86_64 libraries like NetSNMP, FUSE.
I guess these libraries should also be picked for PowerPC from Yocto
compiled sources.
Then the configuration stops with an error that "Sorry, could not find
ncurses library   Please install it ".

Can you please suggest if I am doing something wrong.

Regards,
Arpit