[yocto] Packaging questions

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 08:52:03 PDT 2013

On 26 July 2013 16:43, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> One final packaging question.  In my build I have these files:
>   /etc/amanda/
>   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/
>   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/tapelist
>   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/disklist
>   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/amanda.conf
>
> I want the /etc/amanda/MyConfig to be packaged separately in "amanda-demo"
> package.
>   PACKAGES += " ${PN}-demo "
>   FILES_${PN}-demo += " \
>                  /etc/amanda/MyConfig/ \
>                  /amanda \
>   "
>   FILES_${PN} += "${libdir} \
>             ${libexecdir}/amanda/* \
>             /var/amanda \
>             /etc/amanda \
>   "
>
> Sadly, the /etc/amanda/MyConfig tree is ending up in the main package.  How
> can I stratify it the way I want?

Various things interacting explain this.  Package takes files in the
order that they appear in PACKAGES, so by using += you're *appending*
amanda-demo to PACKAGES, so it's at the end.  FILES_$PN defaults to a
long list of "useful" paths, including ${sysconfdir}.

So, two options, both of which will work:

1) prepend amanda-demo to PACKAGES, so it gets to take files first. =+
is the prepend operator.
2) Change FILES_$PN to explictly set the entire value instead of
appending the default, then you can leave out $sysconfdir.

Ross