[yocto] Packaging questions

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Jul 26 08:43:01 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-24 08:38, Burton, Ross wrote:

>>> I'm curious, what does the symlink point to?  It's possible that we
>>> can refine the check to reduce the number of false positives, because
>>> this is a fairly common one that needs to be skipped.
>>

>> The .so symlink points to a fully qualified library, e.g.
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 gthomas gthomas 1383729 Jul 24 06:35 libamanda-3.3.3.so
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 gthomas gthomas      18 Jul 24 06:35 libamanda.so ->
>> libamanda-3.3.3.so
>>
>> The problem seems to be that this is the unqualified .so name and not a
>> version qualified name like 'libamanda.so.3'.  The package isn't building
>> the version qualified names, just the fully unqualified one.
>>

>>> You can skip this QA test by setting INSANE_SKIP.  In this case,
>>> INSANE_SKIP_${PN} = "dev-so" (you can identify the tag to use by
>>> looking through classes/insane.bbclass for the error message).
>
> So that's not the pattern that the test was designed for (not that
> it's actually implementing that design).  I'm sure Amanda developers
> have a reason for this, but the presence of a .so symlink in a non-dev
> package is enough to trip this test, so INSANE_SKIP is the best thing
> to do.

One final packaging question.  In my build I have these files:
   /etc/amanda/
   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/
   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/tapelist
   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/disklist
   /etc/amanda/MyConfig/amanda.conf

I want the /etc/amanda/MyConfig to be packaged separately in "amanda-demo" package.
   PACKAGES += " ${PN}-demo "
   FILES_${PN}-demo += " \
		 /etc/amanda/MyConfig/ \
		 /amanda \
   "
   FILES_${PN} += "${libdir} \
	    ${libexecdir}/amanda/* \
	    /var/amanda \
	    /etc/amanda \
   "

Sadly, the /etc/amanda/MyConfig tree is ending up in the main package.  How
can I stratify it the way I want?

Thanks