[yocto] Discovering available Perl modules OR writing recipes for your own

mulhern mulhern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 07:57:18 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Trevor Woerner
<trevor.woerner at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 25 July 2013 09:25, mulhern <mulhern at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's
> > nice of you to point out for me the location of that one but what about
> the
> > more like 15 or so others I didn't list and where they might or might
> not be
> > hiding?
>
> I was hoping you'd notice that there is a web-based search tool you
> can use to try to find various already-written recipes:
> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/

I did. It's only as good as the occasionally inaccurate description
strings, though. I was hoping for something more programmatic and less
susceptible to programmer error.

> If you can't find a module you're interested in through that interface
> then you'll have to write it yourself (and hopefully contribute it
> back to the community) :-)

I'm interning for Yocto this summer, so I think that withholding isn't an
option ;) But I don't want to litter the project with unnecessary and
redundant recipe files.

- mulhern