[yocto] Discovering available Perl modules OR writing recipes for your own

mulhern mulhern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 06:25:04 PDT 2013

Thanks, but that specific module isn't the whole total of my problem. It's
nice of you to point out for me the location of that one but what about the
more like 15 or so others I didn't list and where they might or might not
be hiding? Should that particular module really be in the meta-security
layer just because it is meta-security that needed it first? Generally
speaking, openssl is really just a networking thing, I think.

My real problem is not that particular module it's that
1) I don't know a good way to find out if all those modules that I need
haven't already been packaged up by someone somewhere.
2) I'm not certain that writing a separate recipe for each and every one of
those little modules is the correct way to go about getting them all if
they aren't already available somewhere.

I guess my third question regarding naming conventions is sort of answered
by examples.

- mulhern