[yocto] Generating an image with systemd and connman

Jukka Rissanen jukka.rissanen at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 24 00:31:31 PDT 2013

Hi Christian,

On 24.07.2013 05:51, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have successfully generated Dylan core-image-minimal with the meta-ti
> layer. I would like to know what is the procedure to select systemd for
> the init process and connman as the network manager.
>
> It seems to me that systemd can be selected using EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES
> from local.conf (at least with the poky distro)
> The Yocto dev manual mention using DISTRO_FEATURES_append but it is
> usable when creating a custom distro.

I have

VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED="sysvinit"

in my distro conf file and after that the generated system does only
systemd. But I am creating a custom distro so I am not sure if these
settings are any help for you.

Cheers,
Jukka