[yocto] Generating an image with systemd and connman

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Tue Jul 23 19:51:35 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I have successfully generated Dylan core-image-minimal with the meta-ti
layer. I would like to know what is the procedure to select systemd for
the init process and connman as the network manager.

It seems to me that systemd can be selected using EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES
from local.conf (at least with the poky distro)
The Yocto dev manual mention using DISTRO_FEATURES_append but it is
usable when creating a custom distro.

Concerning connman, I found references only in sato and self-hosted images.

As well, I would like to know how can I make Qt build depends on
connman, so that I get the right bearer plugin.

Any help or point out greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris