[yocto] 9.0.1 release tarball requires bitbake 1.19.1 but provides 1.18.0?

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Fri Jul 19 07:52:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM, r10kindsofpeople
<r10kindsofpeople at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've run into another issue when trying to upgrade my system from Denzil to
> Dylan using the released packages.  I extracted the 9.0.1 released tarball,
> added the crownbay BSP, then moved my layers over from Denzil.  Sourced the
> build directory, then modified bblayers.conf and local.conf to merge my
> specifics with the new formats.
>
> 'bitbake core-image-minimal' results in an error... "OE-core's config sanity
> checker detected a potential misconfiguration." and "Bitbake version 1.19.1
> is required and version 1.18.0 was found".
>
> A contributing factor may be that I also have a git snapshot from 2 days ago
> on the same system (that builds), but I've tried to keep them in separate
> directories and be careful about running the source script in it's own
> shell.
>
> Is this a problem with the release tarball or a PICNIC problem?

It shouldn't be a problem with the tarball as the download tarball is

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.4.1/poky-73f103bf9b2cdf985464dc53bf4f1cfd71d4531f.tar.bz2

which corresponds with the tagged release at:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=dylan&id=73f103bf9b2cdf985464dc53bf4f1cfd71d4531f

I just validated the tarball and can't reproduce so my guess is that
this is probably a dirty env issue.

-b

> John

Elizabeth Flanagan