[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Network not working after first boot success

Rich Bayliss richbayliss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:12:25 PDT 2013

I am building rpi-basic-image and I get a successful build and
first-run. My Pi gets an address over DHCP and I can login over SSH.

However, if I pull the power/reboot - then on the next start-up my
network stays down. On the local console, if I issue "ifup eth0" I am
told the interface is already up, while "ifconfig" show no interfaces,
not even "lo". If I do and "ifdown eth0" followed by an "ifup eth0"
then my DHCP kicks in and everything is back to normal... until the
next reboot.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Rich Bayliss