[yocto] Yocto + meta-networking

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 06:12:35 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Paul Eggleton <
paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 July 2013 08:56:34 Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> > Thanks Paul, I worried about mixing branches since I've never tried that
> > before.  The only reason I picked Denzil is because I need ti816x support
> > and Dylan and Danny don't have machine confs for it in meta-ti.  So what
> > would be easier, getting the machine support I need in Dylan or back
> > porting the net-snmp recipe to Denzil?
>
> I don't have a feel for the former - if the reason is not already clear
> you'd
> probably want to ask the meta-ti folks why that machine isn't supported in
> later branches and how hard it would be to update support. This might be
> worth
> doing if you're starting something new with denzil, since that's two
> versions
> behind current stable.
>
> Having said that, backporting the net-snmp recipe should be fairly trivial
> though.
>
> Thanks.  Yea, with Classic everything was just there (warts and all) and
as I move more of our platforms to OE-Core I find that support for machines
(some old, some new) or recipes that I used to use aren't there so I'm not
too adept to figuring out how to wire everything back together to get what
I need.  I use the oe layer index search feature a lot! :)

Regards,

Brian