[yocto] Yocto + meta-networking

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 17 06:03:41 PDT 2013

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 08:56:34 Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> Thanks Paul, I worried about mixing branches since I've never tried that
> before.  The only reason I picked Denzil is because I need ti816x support
> and Dylan and Danny don't have machine confs for it in meta-ti.  So what
> would be easier, getting the machine support I need in Dylan or back
> porting the net-snmp recipe to Denzil?

I don't have a feel for the former - if the reason is not already clear you'd
probably want to ask the meta-ti folks why that machine isn't supported in
later branches and how hard it would be to update support. This might be worth
doing if you're starting something new with denzil, since that's two versions
behind current stable.

Having said that, backporting the net-snmp recipe should be fairly trivial
though.

Cheers,
Paul

--