[yocto] only -dbg and -dev packages being built

Brian Karcz briank at RUSSOUND.COM
Thu Jul 11 07:20:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

I created a recipe (xyz) to assemble together an externally built executable and some configuration files that are local to recipe. It consists of a few SRC_URI specifications for the files and a do_install function to place all the pieces in the root filesystem. When I bitbake the recipe, the only packages that show up in the tmp/deploy/ipk area are the xyz-dbg and xyz-dev versions and not the plain xyz version. Because of this, when I add xyz to the POKY_EXTRA_INSTALL variable of my image recipe, the do_rootfs task fails because it can't find the xyz package.

Is this a common issue? Is there a set of rules that determine which versions of a package get created?

I should also note that this work is being done with the Edison version of poky/yocto.

Thanks,
Brian