[yocto] menuconfig fails using SSTATE_MIRRORS and SOURCE_MIRROR_URL

Daniel Kenji Morgan daniel.kenji.morgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:32:49 PST 2013

To explain my environment:

I am building images for the machine "imx6qsabrelite" in the "meta-fsl-arm" BSP layer using Poky 1.3 (danny).
The kernel recipe is linux-imx which is fetched from Freescale's git repository.

On host machine A, I build an image and copy all the sstate cache and download files into a different directory.
I've setup this directory as a Samba share so it can be accessed via the local network.

On host machine B, I have local.conf set to use the shared sstate cache and source download mirror (SSTATE_MIRRORS and SOURCE_MIRROR_URL
).
They are both utilized without any problems when I build an image.
However, when I "bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel", I get the following error in the kconfig terminal:

scripts/kconfig/mconf Kconfig
Error opening terminal: xterm.
make[1]: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2
Command failed.
Press any key to continue...

The same "bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel" on host machine A works.
It also works on host machine B when I disable using the shared sstate cache and source download mirror.

Is anyone aware of such issues?