[yocto] install and use "bitbake -c populate_sdk"

Lai Eddy eddy.lai.tw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:54:25 PST 2013

Thanks Jessica,

why I tried to use "-c populate-sdk" is because that I can find
"core-image-sato-sdk"  but no "core-image-basic-sdk" available, and my
hardware is a samll jasperforest x86_64 target with 2 serial port and 1
ethernet port only, no display interface.
I'm trying to find if any of following configuration suitable for my kernel
module driver develop/debug:
1. with the x86_64 toolchain sdk installed on my x86_64 host , build my
kernel module driver, then scp ".ko" binary to target for insmod/debugging,
but the problem I have now is the "make" always pointing to /usr/src/3.2.x
kernel source path (my host OS's kernel version), but not the linux-yocto
target kernel (3.4.x) source/header path (and I don't know where's the
proper 3.4.x target kernel header/source files, is it inside tmp/work/...? )
2.build and run the "core-image-basic" on my target, and install the sdk
created with "bitbake core-image-basic -c populate-sdk", but there's no
"/usr/src/.." , "/lib/modules/3.4.x-yocto-stand/build" exist

trying to build the "core-image-sato-sdk to see if that help for target
develop now...

Eddy