[yocto] Eclipse IDE Plugin: Configuring cross gcc

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 10:23:56 PST 2013

Hi,
      I've build meta-toolchain-sdk and installed the toolchain on a separate machine. I then installed Eclipse, Linux tools, and the Yocto Eclipse IDE Plugin.

I configured the Yocto Project ADT to use Standalone Pre-built toolchain, and pointed to the correct toolchain root and sysroot locations.

However, when I try to create a simple HelloWorld project, and select cross-gcc, it doesn't set any of the cross-compile prefix or toolchain paths.

I have to manually type them once again.

What's worse is that the environment-setup-ppc440e-poky-linux script file doesn't seem to be invoked.

This causes the gcc sysroot variable not to be set, causing errors during linking.

What is the correct way to use the pre-built toolchain, with the eclipse IDE. I want to build on the host, and direct compile for my target board.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson