[yocto] How to force newly-compiled busybox into core-image-minimal (restating an earlier post)

Brian Smucker bds at bsmucker.eu.org
Wed Jan 16 11:02:11 PST 2013

Hello all,

I'm not sure if my prior question was unclear or if the question was
something nobody knows the answer to.

I think there's probably a simple answer, but maybe not.

So the background is this: A poky/danny setup where I have
previously-compiled core-image-minimal.

I force busybox to be recompiled: bitbake -c -f compile busybox
I clean core-image-minimal: bitbake -c -f cleansstate core-image-minimal
I rebuild the core image: bitbake  core-image-minimal

Result:  The busybox that is included in the core-image rootfs is a
busybox that was compiled earlier.  It has an earlier timestamp.

Question:  How do I force the newly-compiled busybox to be included in
the core-image rootfs, so that the rootfs generation process does not
retrieve some stale version of busybox from a cache somewhere? (Without
deleting the tmp directory. I know that works.)

There's got to be a simple answer.

Thanks,

Brian

ps.  This is merely an interim way to test a particular permutation of
the busybox config. I know how to make a recipe using bbappend and a new
defconfig for busybox.  But I want to do a series of quick-and-dirty
tests with various busybox config options.