[yocto] Busybox still old version: Still looking for a clear understanding of an old mystery.

Autif Khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:55:58 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Brian Smucker <bds at bsmucker.eu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The version of busybox is the same.  I've just temporarily done a bitbake -c
> menuconfig to change one of the options, recompiled using the custom config
> that's generated, and now I want to force its inclusion into
> core-image-minimal.

I see. I think that is a bit unorthodox. (Mostly because I have never
tried it. Is it even supposed to work like you describe? I suppose
not. But that aside ...)

If I were doing this, I would create a busybox bbappend in my meta
layer and override the danny stock do_prepare_config() (in
meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox.inc)

 96 do_prepare_config () {
 97         sed -e 's#@DATADIR@#${datadir}#g' \
 98                 < ${WORKDIR}/defconfig > ${S}/.config
 99         sed -i -e '/CONFIG_STATIC/d' .config
100         echo "# CONFIG_STATIC is not set" >> .config
101         for i in 'CROSS' 'DISTRO FEATURES'; do echo "### $i"; done >> \
102                 ${S}/.config
103         sed -i -e '${configmangle}' ${S}/.config
104         if test ${DO_IPv4} -eq 0 && test ${DO_IPv6} -eq 0; then
105           # disable networking applets
106           mv ${S}/.config ${S}/.config.oe-tmp
107           awk 'BEGIN{net=0}
108           /^# Networking Utilities/{net=1}
109           /^#$/{if(net){net=net+1}}
110           {if(net==2&&$0 !~ /^#/&&$1){print("# "$1" is not
set")}else{print}}' \
111                   ${S}/.config.oe-tmp > ${S}/.config
112         fi
113 }