[yocto] Raspberry Pi do_fetch failure

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jan 7 09:53:42 PST 2013

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Alex J Lennon wrote:

> > Alex
> >
> > Thanks I was able to download and build core-image-sato
> >
> > Having discussion with github but no real solution yet.
> >

> Hi Ed, I'm glad that was useful in moving you forward. I did some
> googling and this issue with GitHub does seem to pop up
> intermittently. My gut feeling is there's some kind of resource
> issue, perhaps related to compression on the server. Some of the
> comments do seem to suggest that disabling compression helps.
>
> I do wonder if someone from the Yocto project is able to fork the
> RPi linux repo and mirror either the Git repo itself or an archive
> of that (and indeed if that's a good idea)?

  is there a current diagnosis for this github fetching irritation?  i
thought i'd take a shot at building for rpi and, like others, i failed
to fetch the kernel from github:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27,
attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128,
output:
Cloning into bare repository
'/home/rpjday/oe/builds/rpi/downloads/git2/github.com.raspberrypi.linux.git'...

fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
'git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27'.
Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/rpjday/oe/builds/rpi/tmp-eglibc/work/armv6-vfp-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-libc-headers-raspberrypi/3.2.27-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.1278
ERROR: Task 62
(/home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-raspberrypi/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers-raspberrypi_3.2.27.bb,
do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

  thoughts?  i've tried a few times this morning, same result each
time.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca