[yocto] Raspberry Pi do_fetch failure

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 03:33:35 PST 2013

> Alex
>
> Thanks I was able to download and build core-image-sato
>
> Having discussion with github but no real solution yet.

Hi Ed, I'm glad that was useful in moving you forward. I did some
googling and this issue with GitHub does seem to pop up intermittently.
My gut feeling is there's some kind of resource issue, perhaps related
to compression on the server. Some of the comments do seem to suggest
that disabling compression helps.

I do wonder if someone from the Yocto project is able to fork the RPi
linux repo and mirror either the Git repo itself or an archive of that
(and indeed if that's a good idea)?

Cheers,

Alex