[yocto] [meta-mono] Support for Visual Studio debugging on Yocto/OE targets (e.g. RPi)

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 07:45:25 PST 2013

On 03/01/2013 15:24, Autif Khan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Alex J Lennon
> <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I could not "git clone" the repo.
>>
>> Apologies. I should have given you the public r/o link.
>>
>> Originally I was trying to avoid modifying meta-mono, adding .bbappends
>> into my own meta-eve layer instead, but since my last post to you I
>> found I couldn't build against the current HEAD of Yocto due to some odd
>> file location issues which I couldn't overlay. (i.e. it didn't seem to
>> be able to pick up the patches where you had them - although was fine
>> with an older commit of the Yocto core).
>>
>> As a result I've moved the original meta-mono patches that weren't being
>> picked up by bitbake and merged my additions into a fork of meta-mono
>> which is here:
>>
>> git://git.assembla.com/ciseco-eve.meta-mono.git
>
> Got it.
>
> I scanned thru the code and saw what you did to re-organize the
> directory structure.
>
> When I get back, I will see if I can build libGDI+ and mono with
> denzil (I am stuck with denzil for reasons beyond my control, or until
> I find a show stopping bug in denzil for our project - unlikely)
>
> Meanwhile, I have no questions about changes for gk-sharp, mono,
> mono-xsp and monotools-server.

Good oh.

> Presumably, you will take care of the "TODO: This needs fixing
> properly and needs to be revisited" in mono_<version>.bb - I
> definitely do not want unstripped binaries on my distribution -
> presumably, this was needed for some debugging and is not meant to be
> checked into production.

Ah yes. I'd forgotten about that. I shall habe to revisit why that was
erroring.

> I could not understand the purpose of
> libgdiplus/files/libgdiplus-2.10/libgdiplus-2.10.1-libpng15.patch -
> could you please help me understand what prompted these seemingly non
> trivial changes.

Yes there seems to be a problem building libGDI against libpng15. It
seems a known issue:

https://github.com/mono/libgdiplus/pull/4

> Everything else looks good.

Good oh

>> I'm coming up the curve on Git, as I migrate from mainly Subversion use.
>> Can I issue a "pull request" to you or some such?
>
> Yes, a pull request should work.
>
>>> Presumably, you want to release the recipes with the MIT and/or GPLv2 licenses.
>>>
>>> If the license is different for monotools-server or mono-xsp or
>>> gtk-sharp, you will likely have to submit a patch for README file too.
>>> Even otherwise, section 4 in README needs to be updated. If you have
>>> any tasks left - please add them to section 10.
>>>

>> Will double check this. I am waiting for feedback from the
>> monotools-server people on their license as there's nothing explicit in
>> their source.
>
> Will wait for that. Might affect the README

I'll give them another nudge once I've worked our what's going on with
the stripping, commit to my fork and then try to work out how to send
you a pull req.

>>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=135119051922403&w=2
>>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=134858043613838&w=2