[yocto] [meta-mono] Support for Visual Studio debugging on Yocto/OE targets (e.g. RPi)

Autif Khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 07:24:49 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Alex J Lennon
<ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 20:27, Autif Khan wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Autif Khan <autif.mlist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I could not "git clone" the repo.
>
> Apologies. I should have given you the public r/o link.
>
> Originally I was trying to avoid modifying meta-mono, adding .bbappends
> into my own meta-eve layer instead, but since my last post to you I
> found I couldn't build against the current HEAD of Yocto due to some odd
> file location issues which I couldn't overlay. (i.e. it didn't seem to
> be able to pick up the patches where you had them - although was fine
> with an older commit of the Yocto core).
>
> As a result I've moved the original meta-mono patches that weren't being
> picked up by bitbake and merged my additions into a fork of meta-mono
> which is here:
>
> git://git.assembla.com/ciseco-eve.meta-mono.git

Got it.

I scanned thru the code and saw what you did to re-organize the
directory structure.

When I get back, I will see if I can build libGDI+ and mono with
denzil (I am stuck with denzil for reasons beyond my control, or until
I find a show stopping bug in denzil for our project - unlikely)

Meanwhile, I have no questions about changes for gk-sharp, mono,
mono-xsp and monotools-server.

Presumably, you will take care of the "TODO: This needs fixing
properly and needs to be revisited" in mono_<version>.bb - I
definitely do not want unstripped binaries on my distribution -
presumably, this was needed for some debugging and is not meant to be
checked into production.

I could not understand the purpose of
libgdiplus/files/libgdiplus-2.10/libgdiplus-2.10.1-libpng15.patch -
could you please help me understand what prompted these seemingly non
trivial changes.

Everything else looks good.

> I'm coming up the curve on Git, as I migrate from mainly Subversion use.
> Can I issue a "pull request" to you or some such?

Yes, a pull request should work.

>> Presumably, you want to release the recipes with the MIT and/or GPLv2 licenses.
>>
>> If the license is different for monotools-server or mono-xsp or
>> gtk-sharp, you will likely have to submit a patch for README file too.
>> Even otherwise, section 4 in README needs to be updated. If you have
>> any tasks left - please add them to section 10.
>>

> Will double check this. I am waiting for feedback from the
> monotools-server people on their license as there's nothing explicit in
> their source.

Will wait for that. Might affect the README