[yocto] Basic failures building 1st Yocto Project and Yocto Raspberry Pi

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 02:48:42 PST 2013

On 02/01/13 21:47, David Evans wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I apologise for asking this question to everyone, but I can't figure
> out who best to direct this question to.
>
> When I build the standard Yocto Project in the Quick-Start guide I get
> the following Warnings.
>
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.6.tar.bz2,
> attempting MIRRORS if available
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS
> if available
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng12/1.2.49/libpng-1.2.49.tar.bz2,
> attempting MIRRORS if available
>
> As a complete Newbie to Yocto, having the Quick-Start fail like this
> is killing me, as I have no stable example upon which to build my
> under standing.
>
> My ultimate goal is to run the Raspberry Pi project as outlined at
> http://www.pimpmypi.com/blog/blogPost.php?blogPostID=7, but I am
> seeing the same do_fetch failures as those reported by Ed Nelson at
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2013-January/013571.html.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>
> David

I will try to get round to updating this tutorial soon; as it has become
a bit dated - however as Alex mentions it should still work fine albeit
with a few warnings due to unavailable sources.

It should just be a matter of changing a few git revisions, and tweaking
the wording a bit to involve the new meta-yocto, meta-yocto-bsp split.
If anyone wishes to step up to the plate the source for this blog post
is available at [1] and I will happily accept patches.

Cheers,
Jack.

[1] https://github.com/CommunistCode/PimpMyPi-Community-Blog-Posts

--