[yocto] Basic failures building 1st Yocto Project and Yocto Raspberry Pi

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 2 15:17:42 PST 2013

On 01/02/2013 01:55 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2013-01-02 14:47, David Evans wrote:
>> Dear Sirs,
>>
>> I apologise for asking this question to everyone, but I can't figure
>> out who best to direct this question to.
>>
>> When I build the standard Yocto Project in the Quick-Start guide I get
>> the following Warnings.
>>
>> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.6.tar.bz2,
>> attempting MIRRORS if available
>> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
>> ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS
>> if available
>> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng12/1.2.49/libpng-1.2.49.tar.bz2,
>> attempting MIRRORS if available

Notice that these are WARNINGS, bitbake is doing the right thing and
falling back to the Yocto Project Mirrors where those older tarballs do
exist.

>> As a complete Newbie to Yocto, having the Quick-Start fail like this
>> is killing me, as I have no stable example upon which to build my
>> under standing.

Is your build failing beyond this?  Are you able to create an image?  I
recently built RPi, myself and it worked OK for me, both images.

If you have other failures please let us know.

>> My ultimate goal is to run the Raspberry Pi project as outlined at
>> http://www.pimpmypi.com/blog/blogPost.php?blogPostID=7, but I am
>> seeing the same do_fetch failures as those
>> reported by Ed Nelson at
>> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2013-January/013571.html.
>>
>> Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> What version of Yocto (OE-core) do you have?  Those are pretty old
> recipes and the corresponding tarballs seem to no longer be available.
> If you update your repositories, you may get farther along.

Both Openembedded and the Yocto Project keep mirrors of the older
tarballs since as you say some upstreams remove older tarballs from
their sites.

Sau!