[yocto] Basic failures building 1st Yocto Project and Yocto Raspberry Pi

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jan 2 13:55:49 PST 2013

On 2013-01-02 14:47, David Evans wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I apologise for asking this question to everyone, but I can't figure out who best to direct this question to.
>
> When I build the standard Yocto Project in the Quick-Start guide I get the following Warnings.
>
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.6.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng12/1.2.49/libpng-1.2.49.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available
>
> As a complete Newbie to Yocto, having the Quick-Start fail like this is killing me, as I have no stable example upon which to build my under standing.
>
> My ultimate goal is to run the Raspberry Pi project as outlined at http://www.pimpmypi.com/blog/blogPost.php?blogPostID=7, but I am seeing the same do_fetch failures as those
> reported by Ed Nelson at https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2013-January/013571.html.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

What version of Yocto (OE-core) do you have?  Those are pretty old
recipes and the corresponding tarballs seem to no longer be available.
If you update your repositories, you may get farther along.

n.b. when you run bitbake, you'll see a summary of what repositories
you are using.  Posting that would help a lot.