[yocto] Basic failures building 1st Yocto Project and Yocto Raspberry Pi

David Evans sir.dje at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 2 13:47:42 PST 2013

Dear Sirs,

I apologise for asking this question to everyone, but I can't figure out
who best to direct this question to.

When I build the standard Yocto Project in the Quick-Start guide I get
the following Warnings.

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
http://www.apache.org/dist/subversion/subversion-1.7.6.tar.bz2,
attempting MIRRORS if available
WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
ftp://ftp.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/uuid-1.6.2.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if
available
WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng12/1.2.49/libpng-1.2.49.tar.bz2,
attempting MIRRORS if available

As a complete Newbie to Yocto, having the Quick-Start fail like this is
killing me, as I have no stable example upon which to build my under
standing.

My ultimate goal is to run the Raspberry Pi project as outlined at
http://www.pimpmypi.com/blog/blogPost.php?blogPostID=7, but I am seeing
the same do_fetch failures as those reported by Ed Nelson at
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2013-January/013571.html.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

David