[yocto] bitbake: how to resolve a dependency to kernel-devicetree when building rootfs

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:58:19 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a kernel-devicetree package in you tmp/deploy ?
>
> I'm using ipk and I have:
> tmp/deploy/ipk/syrcxx/kernel-devicetree_2.6.38-r4_syrcxx.ipk
>
> If it is not there that is your problem.
> You may also want to nuke your tmp dir and rebuild (with sstate it should
> not take excessively long)
>
> Frans

Thanks for the pointer. That was indeed the problem. There was no
kernel-devicetree in my deploy/ipk folder.
But now it works :) I actually did two things, I moved from using .ipk
to .rpm and changed to using a bare danny 8.0.
I do not know which of these fixed it. Before that I also tried to
nuke the tmp dir but that was fruitless :(

Hans