[yocto] kernel menuconfig unusable Was: Updated Yocto Hands-on Kernel Lab available

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Sun Feb 17 15:15:32 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 16:22 -0500, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:
> > I'm happy to announce that an updated version of the Yocto 'Hands-on
> > Kernel Lab' has been released and is available here:
>
> This is awesome, and much appreciated (especially by those of us who
> can't make it out to these events).
>
> Following the lab, however, I very quickly ran into the dreaded
> "kernel menuconfig unusable" issue. Is there any way Liang Li's
> suggested fix[1] could make it into mainline and the danny branch
> which is used for these labs? Is there a better fix? Is there another
> way around this issue, perhaps with a pure conf/local.conf setting?

Yeah, I ran into this too on Fedora 17, but not Ubuntu.  I thought it
was a local thing and basically 'powered through it' and changed the
settings, knowing I was seeing double.

I don't know what the proper fix for this is - if it's the patch you
pointed to, I'm not sure why it wasn't pulled in.  If not, I guess a bug
should be opened for it.

Tom