[yocto] kernel menuconfig unusable Was: Updated Yocto Hands-on Kernel Lab available

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:22:48 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that an updated version of the Yocto 'Hands-on
> Kernel Lab' has been released and is available here:

This is awesome, and much appreciated (especially by those of us who
can't make it out to these events).

Following the lab, however, I very quickly ran into the dreaded
"kernel menuconfig unusable" issue. Is there any way Liang Li's
suggested fix[1] could make it into mainline and the danny branch
which is used for these labs? Is there a better fix? Is there another
way around this issue, perhaps with a pure conf/local.conf setting?

Thanks and best regards,
    Trevor

[1] http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-August/027130.html

NOTE: simply setting OE_TERMINAL to "xterm" doesn't fix the problem,
it only changes the terminal :-)