[yocto] select installation packages

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 14 09:10:23 PST 2013

Hi Andre,

There actually is no recipe for building the nano editor in YP by default.
Unless you added one,

bitbake -b nano

would result in this output

ERROR: Unable to find any recipe file matching 'nano'

I have attached a recipe for you to build nano and a patch to handle a
configuration mistake configure.ac causing do_configure to fail.

If you add that recipe you can run bitbake nano. You can also include into
your image by adding

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " nano"

to your conf/local.conf file.

:rjs