[yocto] Control over Sato theme

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Feb 13 08:00:54 PST 2013

Hi Gary,

On 12 February 2013 23:19, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to control the Sato theme on my system,
> with a softer approach than editing the "gtk-sato-engine" package.
>
> I tried putting updated settings in /home/root/.gtkrc-2.0 but
> they don't seem to have any affect.  I can see that this file
> is being read (and presumably processed) as I bring up the
> desktop, but why don't the settings stick?
>
> Any ideas how I can make this work?

What settings in particular?  The xsettings-daemon will be overriding
gtkrc with values from GConf, so if you're trying to tweak some
settings then that will take priority.

Other values are likely hard-coded - the Sato engine wasn't designed
to be massively customisable and as far as I know its not really been
tested like this.

> Also, when I tried editing the "data/gtkrc-vga" in the gtk-sato-engine
> package I was able to change some settings in the theme, but I couldn't
> get consistent coverage.  For example, I tried to make the predominant
> background color something other than the light gray used by Sato, but
> the unselected version of buttons still have the Sato colors and I don't
> see how to change that, even in the gtk-sato-engine.

GTK+ theming has two different background colours for different
contexts (base or bg), so it's possible that you were only changing
one of them.

Ross