[yocto] Control over Sato theme

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Feb 12 15:19:01 PST 2013

I'd like to be able to control the Sato theme on my system,
with a softer approach than editing the "gtk-sato-engine" package.

I tried putting updated settings in /home/root/.gtkrc-2.0 but
they don't seem to have any affect.  I can see that this file
is being read (and presumably processed) as I bring up the
desktop, but why don't the settings stick?

Any ideas how I can make this work?

Also, when I tried editing the "data/gtkrc-vga" in the gtk-sato-engine
package I was able to change some settings in the theme, but I couldn't
get consistent coverage.  For example, I tried to make the predominant
background color something other than the light gray used by Sato, but
the unselected version of buttons still have the Sato colors and I don't
see how to change that, even in the gtk-sato-engine.

Any pointers would be very useful

Thanks