[yocto] Setting PV dynamically in a recipe

Brad Litterell brad at evidence.com
Tue Dec 17 11:46:11 PST 2013

Hi Zhenhua,

Thank you for the reply.  However, That's not what I'm looking for.  I already get the latest version of the source code.

What I'm really after is the ability to generate output packages that have increasing version numbers so I can use the package manager to update them.

I think Martin's subsequent reply is the secret to use PKGV.  I didn't know about that variable.

Cheers,
Brad