[yocto] poky tree

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Dec 12 08:35:35 PST 2013

On 12 December 2013 16:27, Edward Vidal <vidal.develone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information.  When I removed poky/build/tmp everything worked
> okay.  My build was quick and I did not need to recompile.  My question is
> what relation between poky/build/tmp/work and poky/build/tmp/sysroot?

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#structure-build

work/ is where packages are build.

sysroot/ is where the headers and libraries that you're building to
into, so when you cross-compile an application it can find the right
headers to include and libraries to link against.  It's effectively a
subset of the target filesystem for compilation purposes.

Ross