[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Dec 10 16:29:05 PST 2013

Attendees:
Saul, Matthew, ScottR, Paul, Beth, Belen, Ross, Richard, Jessica, Nitin, Darren, Niklas, Cristian, Corneliu, LaurentiuP, Björn, Tom, AlexG, Bruce, JeffP, Michael, AlexD, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.6 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.6_Status
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features
  - WDD went up a little. Expected due to M1 testing. The team needs to put more focus on bug fixing. If you have bugs, especially medium+, please do give more priority on them.
  - Beagle board long standing bug: Bruce: working on new mips bsp and Beagle Bone. Month of Jan. we will have the boards.
  - many bugs filed for Toaster. QA started testing Toaster last week.
  - Beth/build: two additional builders added. Opensuse server has some hangs. All other Abs are running ok.
  - RP: 1.6: lots of features, patches going in. Lots of regressions, performance degradation. Genuinely worried. We may have to shut down master and focus on bug fixing if this continues to happen.
   - Saul: 1.5.1 Robert is the maintainer. Posted a set of patches. Please take a look. Sent to Bitbake, oe-core, poky list. In the next couple of days, we will try a build. ScottR: remember the doc changes
   - 1.4.3: 2 outstanding patches, other than that, we are ready. If 1.5.1 is not ready this week, will go for a build and QA full pass.
* SWAT team rotation: Cristian Iorga -> Laurentiu P
* Opens - 10 min
  - Beth: Poky contrib branch cleanup
    . Send out an RFC last week. Moving stuff (anything 2012 and before) to poky contrib archive. Make them happen today if you want to keep yours.
* Team Sharing - 20 min