[yocto] How to force the use of git-native?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 12 08:20:06 PST 2013

Hi Gary,

On Thursday 12 December 2013 08:06:31 Gary Thomas wrote:
> I've found that the latest bitbake fetcher changes (require
> the use of branch names) fails with older versions of git.
> I have a Fedora 13 machine which I routinely use to build
> my Yocto projects that has git version 1.7.7.6.  On that machine,
> all git fetches fail, no matter what.  On my Ubuntu builder
> which has git 1.7.9.4, all is OK.
>
> I see that there is a git recipe in OE-core.  How can I force
> it to be built and used where the host's native git is inadequate?

The solution we provide for this kind of situation is buildtools-tarball, as
described here (linked from the QS guide as well):

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#required-git-tar-and-python-versions

Interesting that git 1.7.7.6 is still not adequate though, that may be a
prompt to either fix the check to work with older versions of git or
increase our version number requirement.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton