[yocto] How to force the use of git-native?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 12 07:06:31 PST 2013

I've found that the latest bitbake fetcher changes (require
the use of branch names) fails with older versions of git.
I have a Fedora 13 machine which I routinely use to build
my Yocto projects that has git version 1.7.7.6.  On that machine,
all git fetches fail, no matter what.  On my Ubuntu builder
which has git 1.7.9.4, all is OK.

I see that there is a git recipe in OE-core.  How can I force
it to be built and used where the host's native git is inadequate?

Thanks