[yocto] Trying to build a non-autotools package that contains only a lib. Getting empty archive - package is not generated

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:02:22 PST 2013

Hi,

I appear to be having the same problem this guy had:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/poky/2013-June/009017.html

I'm trying to build a Makefile based project (not autotools) that just
generates a shared library.  When I bitbake my recipe I get a -dev and -dbg
.ipk package but not ${PN}.  So I added ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN} = "1" and that
generated the package but apparently the lib is not in the package!

The lib I want to be in the package is sitting in ${WORKDIR}/src and ${S}
is set to that.  So I tried to set FILES_${PN} = ${S}/sharedlib.so and that
still doesn't pick it up.

I've tried everything I can think of and can't get the lib in the package!
This is with 1.5 Dora.

Any idea why my lib isn't put in the package?

Regards,

Brian