[yocto] Full Screen Image Display Program

Wenholz, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Wenholz at med.ge.com
Fri Aug 16 07:48:54 PDT 2013

Does anyone have, or can point me to, a good recipe for qiv that will work with Yocto 1.3?

I found an obsolete qiv recipe via openembedded, but to update it will be basically writing a new recipe since the source locations and dependencies have changed.

I am open to other suggestions to meet my needs as well. I need a program that will:
-Display PNG images in full screen mode
-Display the image without overlays
-Display to the X server (I do not have a user space accessible frame buffer device)
-Operate from the command line or a shell script

Brian Wenholz