[yocto] Unhandled dependency checking

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 2 06:36:50 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm looking ofr a good way to deal with some build breakages caused by
missing dependency checking.

The problem: some packages require certain capabilities, without
checking for these, and actually I can;t see a good way how to
implement such checking.

For example, the "lttng" package requires module support.  But when
you modify the defconfig for the Linux kernel and disable module
support there, then the build for "lttng" will break.

Is there some good way to handle or at least to test for such "hidden"
dependencies on features provided by other packages, so we could at
least issue more useful error messages to the end user?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The rule on staying alive as a program manager is to give 'em a  num-
ber or give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.