[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Read-Only RootFS is not read only

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Wed Aug 21 08:16:16 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Rich Bayliss <richbayliss at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Sorry Paul - I am new to all this. I have checked and I am using Poky
>> (1.4)
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> On 4 August 2013 23:35, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>
>> wrote:
>> in
>> some

>> constructs
>> anything

>> > Except the default depends upon what DISTRO you are using. Which DISTRO
>> are
>> > you using - "poky" or something else?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Paul
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Paul Eggleton
>> > Intel Open Source Technology Centre
>>

> Will check on this tomorrow. I've been on the roads these days.

which i'm going to get rid of with a patch today - as the default one is
working ok and fixes this issue.

The problem was related to:
tmpfs                /run                 tmpfs
 mode=0755,nodev,nosuid,strictatime 0  0
We didn't have this specified in our fstab and would make udevd to keep the
device busy => remount fail.

Thank you for reporting this. And sorry for being late with investigation -
managed to get some vacation :)

--
*Andrei Gherzan*
m: +40.744.478.414 |  f: +40.31.816.28.12