[yocto] poky: Bitbake nothing provides error

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 29 02:50:49 PDT 2013

On Monday 29 April 2013 11:28:22 Zafrullah Syed wrote:
> I cloned meta-gumstix[1] and meta-gumstix-extras[2] into poky folder and i
> tried to add these values of my machine in the local.conf file
>
> MACHINE_KERNEL_PR = "r1"
>
> KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"
>
> UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT = "0x80008000"
> UBOOT_LOADADDRESS = "0x80008000"
>
> TARGET_ARCH = "arm"

Couple of things:

1) You should not be adding the above to conf/local.conf. Instead, you should
set MACHINE in conf/local.conf to point to the appropriate machine (in this
case "overo")

2) You must add at least the path to the directory where meta-gumstix is
located on your build machine (and possibly meta-gumstix-extras) to
conf/bblayers.conf.

If you don't do both of these you will continue to get the errors above.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton