[yocto] How to generate rootfs from package feed

saurav sauravkg at huawei.com
Fri Apr 26 04:59:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

Can anybody help me with information about rootfs generation?

In Yocto 1.4 or previous releases, Is there a method exists to generate
rootfs from package feed?

I am particularly looking at a method where packages need not be rebuild,
but image needs to be generated by installing packages from package feed.

I see a variable BUILD_IMAGES_FROM_FEEDS, but could not get the exact usage
of it.

Also want to check if such method exists for both rpm and ipkg formats.

Regards,

Saurav