[yocto] Splashscreen using psplash

Andreas Enbacka aenbacka at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 05:03:03 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am creating a custom image based on core-image-sato, with a custom splash
screen (using psplash). I have been able to replace the default yocto
splashscreen in my image,  however, my question is whether it is possible to
hide the initial console output text displayed on the screen prior to
showing the splashscreen?  Currently most of the boot process is completed
at the stage when the splash screen is being displayed on screen. This is
because the image should be used as part of an embedded device, and the
end-user should not see any traces of the underlying linux distro.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas Enbacka