[yocto] do_clean failure on NFS drive

Michael Fainstein Michael.Fainstein at ecitele.com
Mon Apr 22 23:10:05 PDT 2013

Recently I moved my working environment from local drive to NFS and since then do_clean task is failing all the time with error:
ERROR: Error executing a python function in ......:
OSError: [Errno 39] Directory not empty: '....../temp'

However, when I look at temp directory it is empty!

I put the following watcher on this directory:
SNAP0="xx";while [ 1 ]; do SNAP=`ls -a tmp/work/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/elfutils-0.125-r4/temp/`;if [ x"${SNAP}" != x"${SNAP0}" ];then echo "`date`";echo "${SNAP}";fi;SNAP0="${SNAP}";done

And got the following:
Tue Apr 23 08:28:38 IDT 2013
./
../
Tue Apr 23 08:28:51 IDT 2013
./
../
log.do_clean@
log.do_clean.572
Tue Apr 23 08:28:51 IDT 2013
./
../
log.do_clean.572
run.do_clean.572
Tue Apr 23 08:28:51 IDT 2013
./
../
.nfs000000000210f27700000eb6
Tue Apr 23 08:28:51 IDT 2013
./
../

It looks like do_clean have a log file open when it tries to remove temp directory. It doesn't interfere with removing directory on local drive, however on NFS it does. If you remove open file on NFS, the file stays in the directory with .nfsXXXXXX name till it is closed and only then it is removed (i.e. when do_clean exits). This file triggers the exception "Directory not empty".
Any suggestions how to solve this? Is this solved in latest version?
I am using Freescale's SDK 1.3 QorIQ-SDK-V1.3-20121114-yocto that is based on Yocto version 1.2.1

Thanks,
Michael

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received this transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then delete the original and all copies thereof.