[yocto] runqemu: Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:31:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Rudolf Streif
<rstreif at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> If you do not have libsdl1.2-dev (Ubuntu) installed on your dev/host system
> then qemu will be built without video support.

I would have assumed that if something was missing from my host, then
I would not have been able to run the virtual machine using the
qemu-system-i386 that I had compiled for my host natively outside of
Yocto? As it happened, using my own qemu the images ran fine, but when
I tried using the runqemu script that's when I'd see problems.

Removing/moving/deleting my sstate fixed the problem, which suggests
to me that there something stored in there that's bad (does that make
sense?).