[yocto] Adding prebuilt binaries to /usr/bin on rootfs

Hans Beckerus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:10:36 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-17 8:54, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 17 April 2013 19:10, Satya Swaroop Damarla <swaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I dont avoid this error.. I cant build the rootfilesystem....
> Hopefully someone else will respond who knows how to handle that problem.
I do not have a direct answer, but googling this problem seems to give a
lot of hits, with various answers on how to resolve it.
The common thing seems to be that they all cover binaries compiled from
within OE/Yocto. In this case I think we are talking pre-built binaries,
right?
The hash problem could (because I am not sure)  be a combination of the
compiler being used, linker options and what Yocto expects.
Is it possible for you to recompile your binaries? In that case try to
add this switch to LDFLAGS (or whatever flags you use to feed the
linker), --hash-style=gnu. Also see http://lwn.net/Articles/192624/
I might be completely off-target here but take it for what it is ;)

Hans